Monday, August 13, 2007

Daddy wrote an eulogy
In loving memory of his World Best Uncle
Mr Ong Teng Sein

Tributes are ever flowing as we celebrate the life of a true gentleman who constantly care and been a blessing for others be it a family member or just a friend. He is none other than Mr Ong Teng Sein, my dearest uncle. For what I have known him for all these years in my life, he was a caring husband, loving father, doting grandfather, supportive brother, great uncle, relative and friend.

Emotions are most uncontrollable during this time, especially whenever fond memories of him flash back his amicable smile, gentle words, politeness and humbleness and of course all the wonderful things that he had done.

Never will I ever forget that how this uncle of mine supported me and my family, whenever my parents squabbled and fought during my teenage days. Countless times that he and my auntie would always rushed to our rescues.

Gratefully, I always remember when I was alone at home one Lunar New Year eve after my parents separated. He was the only one whom remembered me and phoned to ask me if I want to join his family for reunion dinner at his house. I am so deeply touched by his thoughtfulness and kindness until today.

Selflessly, he engaged and provided taxi transport for a hairstylist whom was touched by his kindness and sincerity to visit his bedridden brother for a neat haircut. He even spent his birthday couple of years ago to attend to his younger brother at deathbed. That was the first time I saw his teary eyes.

Effortlessly he had been a blessing to many others but he never wanted to be burden or inconvenience others. Independently he took care of his family and his own needs, never did he breathed a word of complain or tiredness. All these are only possible with his power of love for the people around him..

Impress upon me always are his good characteristics, his gentleness and humbleness. Even in his last few hours, he would lift his trembling hands to gesture “Thank you” to those whom visited him in the hospital.

Now as he rested in eternal peace, his good attributes live on forever as a role model for me and many others!

No comments: